Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spider Solitaire is a metaphor for my life. I start a game and go on for a couple of clicks but if it doesn’t seem that I’m going to win the game, I will stop and start a new one. I just give the game away. I get frustrated and must start over. What is that?  I always regret starting a new game immediately; feeling like I didn’t give the previous one a real chance. I like a game with a clear start where I feel I have a chance of winning. If I don’t get a game with a clear start and I do win, I still feel unfulfilled. I am automatically compelled to play another game. I do the same thing with other things in my life (guys mostly). If I’m just not feeling it, I’m not feeling it. There is no way for me to fake fulfillment if I’m not satisfied with the way something begins. But is that premature pulling out (I realize how that sounds…ha ha), or are my feelings warranted.  How will I even know unless I give something a chance to move past a first impression? How would anyone know if they liked or valued anything in their lives if they never gave it clear shot? There are certain things that must be seen through to the end, but how do we know what they are? There has to be some fortitude and some follow through.

Today’s Task: Finish the game. Give something an honest to goodness chance before you decide that it’s not really what you want. Weather that’s trying Wild Boar meatballs for the first time, or choosing to travel abroad, or even choosing to let yourself love someone or something.  Finish a game, any game. Or at least try to make it to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment