Monday, March 15, 2010

Sometimes I hate being a girl. I mean really hate it.  There are certain things that women do that just annoy the living daylights out of me. We can be emotional and irrational. Like how we ask questions such as, “do I look fat in this?”, “why doesn’t he call me?”, “am I bothering you with (fill in the blank)?” Heck yes you are if you keep asking me silly and asinine questions. I hate to generalize on my sex but these examples are all quite true. What’s worse is I am so guilty of asking these silly questions. I am such a girl sometimes and I hate it. I can be so nonsensical when I am in girl mode. I do and say things that normal Britt acknowledges as utter foolishness. I am totally obsessive right now over something that is of little to no consequence. But I’m like a dog with a bone. I just can’t seem to let it go and I know in my heart that this is a uniquely feminine problem.  Well, maybe not. I watched the movie Perfume today. If you’ve never seen it, it’s about a young man gifted with amazing olfactory nerves who becomes obsessed with capturing the essence of someone’s smell. He’s so obsessed that when he finds a feminine smell that he loves, he kills the woman to capture it. Talk about obsessive. On the other hand he did create the world’s most beautiful perfume in the process. Okay, so we can qualify that you’re obsessive if you’re a woman or a psycho. I don’t believe that I just said that (so rude). It simply seems to me that obsessing gets you nowhere. And as much as I’m tempted to do that, just sit and prattle over something that I can’t affect or change, I must refuse my right as a woman.

Today’s Task: Even if you’re not a woman or a psychotic killer you must not obsess. Don’t get caught up in the ease of dwelling on something, especially if you can’t do anything to help it. If picking up a phone, or writing a letter, or sending an email will not aid your situation, then it’s best that you let it be. Let the things you obsess over resolve themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! and thats a good movie too!! crazy that even after capturing the scent..he still wasn't satisfied

    ReplyDelete